The Apple Event recapped in 7 minutes
Apple held one of their most anticipated events on September 7th (or September 8th for us Australians) to debut their latest innovations, which includes the long-awaited iPhone 14 devices, and other gadgets such as the new Apple watch model and airpods.
Since the whole event, titled Far Out, was over an hour long we’ve recapped everything that happened into short and simple dot points to save you time from watching the 90-minute event.
iPhone 14 / iPhone 14 Plus
- Apple’s iPhone mini models are not making a comeback this year, as they have officially dropped it from the iPhone 14 line
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will have a new feature called “Satellite Connectivity”, which allows users to send emergency distress messages and share locations in seconds without cellular or Wi-Fi service by directly connecting it with their closest satellite
- The SIM card tray will be removed for all iPhone 14 models in the US only - Australian iPhone 14 models will still have the SIM card tray slot
- iPhone 14 Plus will be just like the standard iPhone 14 device, but will include a new larger 6.7inch screen
- However, the iPhone 14 Plus won’t be available to purchase in Australia until 7th October
- The iPhone 14 will support Bluetooth 5.3
- iPhone 14 boasts the most improvement when it comes to battery life - its expected to last up to 20 hours of video playback, up to 16 hours of streaming video playback, and up to 80 hours of audio playback
- All iPhone 14 models are capable of fast charging, and can charge to 50% within 30 to 35 minutes with a 20W or higher charger.
- All iPhone 14 models will have the new A16 bionic chip
iPhone 14 Pros
- iPhone 14 Pros will have the following sizes: 6.1in (iPhone 14 Pro) and 6.7in (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- iPhone 14 Pros will have the new Deep Purple colour, along with its standard model colours such as Gold, Silver, and Space Black.
- Apple is upping its smartphone photography game by introducing its highest quality camera yet, a 48MP camera with adaptive true tone flash and larger sensors to perform better in low-light environments. The improved flash will make your photographs taken in the dark 10% brighter and more consistent with lighting.
- Apple introduced a new feature called “Dynamic Island” for iPhone 14 Pros - according to Apple, this feature provides a rich and delightful way to interact with activities, alerts and notifications on devices. Through the pill notch, it can shape into different shapes and sizes for various situations such as incoming phone calls, notifications, Face ID authentications and more.
- Compared to the iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Pro does not have much improvements when it comes to its battery life - it is expected to last up for 23 hours of video playback, up to 20 hours of streaming video playback and up to 75 hours of audio playback
- Your next selfie game will be on the next level because of the newly improved 12MP front camera with autofocus
You can start pre-ordering your iPhone 14 device (except for the iPhone 14 Plus) on 9th September. iPhone 14 will be available from 16th September 2022.
Have you noticed that your phone's battery drains faster in the cold of the winter? You're not alone. Many smartphone users experience this issue during the colder months. So right before the winter months approach us, here are some reasons why your phone battery drains faster in the cold and how you can prevent it from happening. Cold temperatures affect battery life The most significant reason why your phone battery drains faster in winter is due to the cold temperatures. Lithium-ion batteries, which are commonly used in smartphones, have a reduced capacity in cold temperatures. When the temperature drops...
It can get pretty frustrating having your phone freeze constantly when your scrolling through your feed or texting someone. So here are few reasons why your phone might be freezing. Lack of storage space One of the most common reasons why your phone may freeze is due to lack of storage space. As you install more apps, take more pictures and videos, your phone's storage becomes full, and the device may become slow or unresponsive. When your phone's storage is full, there's no space left for the phone's temporary files, which can cause your device to freeze. Solution: To...
If you've been searching for a new SIM card plan for your phone then you're in luck! Happytel is proud to collaborate with Circles.Life and give you amazing affordable deals for SIM cards. Some of the benefits include: No lock in contracts Can use your own number Includes unlimited standard national texting and calls Powered by Optus 4G Plus Network Special Deals: These offers lasts till 30 April 2023 at 23:59 AEST, so get in quick. How to sign up? 1. First you pick what plan you would like to use on Circle.Life's website - use our promo...