The Apple Event recapped in 7 minutes
Apple held one of their most anticipated events on September 7th (or September 8th for us Australians) to debut their latest innovations, which includes the long-awaited iPhone 14 devices, and other gadgets such as the new Apple watch model and airpods.
Since the whole event, titled Far Out, was over an hour long we’ve recapped everything that happened into short and simple dot points to save you time from watching the 90-minute event.
iPhone 14 / iPhone 14 Plus
- Apple’s iPhone mini models are not making a comeback this year, as they have officially dropped it from the iPhone 14 line
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will have a new feature called “Satellite Connectivity”, which allows users to send emergency distress messages and share locations in seconds without cellular or Wi-Fi service by directly connecting it with their closest satellite
- The SIM card tray will be removed for all iPhone 14 models in the US only - Australian iPhone 14 models will still have the SIM card tray slot
- iPhone 14 Plus will be just like the standard iPhone 14 device, but will include a new larger 6.7inch screen
- However, the iPhone 14 Plus won’t be available to purchase in Australia until 7th October
- The iPhone 14 will support Bluetooth 5.3
- iPhone 14 boasts the most improvement when it comes to battery life - its expected to last up to 20 hours of video playback, up to 16 hours of streaming video playback, and up to 80 hours of audio playback
- All iPhone 14 models are capable of fast charging, and can charge to 50% within 30 to 35 minutes with a 20W or higher charger.
- All iPhone 14 models will have the new A16 bionic chip
iPhone 14 Pros
- iPhone 14 Pros will have the following sizes: 6.1in (iPhone 14 Pro) and 6.7in (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- iPhone 14 Pros will have the new Deep Purple colour, along with its standard model colours such as Gold, Silver, and Space Black.
- Apple is upping its smartphone photography game by introducing its highest quality camera yet, a 48MP camera with adaptive true tone flash and larger sensors to perform better in low-light environments. The improved flash will make your photographs taken in the dark 10% brighter and more consistent with lighting.
- Apple introduced a new feature called “Dynamic Island” for iPhone 14 Pros - according to Apple, this feature provides a rich and delightful way to interact with activities, alerts and notifications on devices. Through the pill notch, it can shape into different shapes and sizes for various situations such as incoming phone calls, notifications, Face ID authentications and more.
- Compared to the iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Pro does not have much improvements when it comes to its battery life - it is expected to last up for 23 hours of video playback, up to 20 hours of streaming video playback and up to 75 hours of audio playback
- Your next selfie game will be on the next level because of the newly improved 12MP front camera with autofocus
You can start pre-ordering your iPhone 14 device (except for the iPhone 14 Plus) on 9th September. iPhone 14 will be available from 16th September 2022.
Some of us don't have the luxury on getting the newest phone every year, and phones are now an essential part of our lives. So extending the life of your phone is probably something you're interested in. Here are 7 tips you can follow to extend the lifespan of your phone. 1. Keep your phone cool Your phone overheating can damage your phone's battery and other internal components. This is why keeping your phone cool is very important for the longevity of your mobile phone's lifespan. Avoid leaving your phone in direct sunlight or in a hot stuffy car....
Your phone camera is probably one of your most used feature on your phone. Without it, how could you take all those Instagram-worthy photos or create memories through taking videos of funny moments. So it's pretty important to keep your phone camera lens well protected and in pristine condition. Here are some tips on how you can protect your camera lens so you can keep snapping away. 1. Use a Phone Case This is the absolute basics and something you should have anyways. Having a phone case protects your phone from scratches and accidental drops. Phone cases that have...
Your friend just asked if they can borrow your AirPods and the thought of horror crosses your mind. You have never cleaned them and know that there are little bits and pieces stuck inside from years of accumulating dirt, earwax and other debris. Save yourself the embarrassment and clean your AirPods once in a while! Not only will you not feel self conscious as you lend your earbuds to your friend, but cleaning your earbuds will extend the performance and life span of them and avoid getting yourself a nasty ear infection. We'll tell you how you can keep your...