of eﬀecting repairs of any hardware products.The customer acknowledges that Happytel is not responsible for warranty contracts with authorised dealers becoming void due to the services of Happytel.
Terms and conditions
- Warranty Service Cover. This warranty only covers the parts used in the repairs process. This warranty does not extend to the remainder of the product supplied to Happytel by the customer for repair or service.
- All warranty cover is void if you (the customer) deliver up the repaired product to another repair vendor (regardless of whether that repair vendor is an authorised service agent of the product or not) after we have repaired your device in accordance with your instructions. The delivery up includes and extends to another vendor examining the device, and in the event this occurs the warranty cover oﬀered by Happytel is immediately void.
- If the repair cost is paid in full for additional repairs on the same device, then the 6 month warranty will be issued as per the repair date in relation to the parts used in the subsequent service and in accordance with clause 1 of these terms and conditions. In the event that subsequent parts or repairs are purchased at a discounted rate then Happytel will provide a warranty for the subsequent parts and labour for 6 months from the initial date that service or repair was performed on the same device.
- To the extent permitted by law, Happytel may charge you a diagnostic fee (including shipping charges) (“Diagnostic Fee”). If Happytel inspects your device and determines that (i) your device does not require service, (ii) your device has failed due to or has incompatibilities with software or data residing or recorded on your device (iii) service is required due to the failure of parts that are not supplied by Happytel, (iv) additional labour or parts are required that were not speciﬁed in the original estimated charges and you do not agree to authorize service based on Happytel ’s revised estimated charges, or (v) service cannot be performed because the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed or the product has failed due to accident, abuse, liquid spill or submersion, neglect, unauthorized modiﬁcation, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, ﬂuctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, ﬁre, acts of God or other external causes (“Service Exclusions”). Happytel will return your device to you without servicing it and may charge you the Diagnostic Fee.
- Diagnostic Fee. The amount we charge for inspections is not refundable. The cost of Happytel opening and or inspecting your device is the cost to Happytel of inspection of your device. Diagnosis on the condition of the phone will be performed by technicians and a report will be provided orally or in writing at the discretion of Happytel and advice on any repairs which may need to be done to bring the phone to working order will be communicated to you.
- Deposit. The deposit for a service booking is non-refundable. Happytel will not commence any service on your device unless and until the deposit is paid in full as per Happytel’s terms and conditions.
- Service. For service or repair orders, Happytel will service your device as described to you for the estimated charges stated, unless such charges are revised with your prior oral or written consent. Unless otherwise stated, Happytel will provide repair or replacement services to address a defect in the materials or workmanship of a product. Service is not available for issues caused by failure of or incompatibilities with any software or data residing or recorded on your product.
- Parts and Labour. Happytel may provide both parts and labour, in servicing your device, (and may charge a shipping fee) and may use parts or products that are new or refurbished and equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Happytel will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged during service as its property, and the replacement part or product will become your property. Replaced parts and products are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Happytel for value. If applicable law requires Happytel to return a replaced item to you, you agree to pay Happytel the retail cost of the replacement item and shipping.
- To the extent permitted by law, Happytel reserves the right to change at any time the service options available to you.
- Water-Damage Treatment. Conditioning service that is performed on a device that has sustained water damage. All water-damage treatments and liquid-damage treatments are not covered by warranty. Happytel cannot ensure good working order after Happytel has serviced your device through our water treatment program. A water-damage treatment fee is charged to you, which is non-refundable and on condition that you the customer accepts that Happytel will not be liable for any loss, or damage, or further loss, or further damage, sustained by your device as a result of the water-damage treatment.
- Devices which are unable to be completely accessed by the repair technicians cannot be guaranteed for good working order. These include devices with: “pin lock” securities, ﬁngerprint securities, black screens and inactive touch sensors- as the device cannot go through the ﬁnal check process by the repair technicians.
- Once the repair or service process is complete, and once the repair form has been signed by you (the customer), no refunds will be given. This includes change of mind (i.e. parts used).
- Devices which were supplied to the customer by an authorised dealer as being either “water-proof” or “water-resistant” will cease to be either water-proof or water-resistant upon repair or service. These include, by way of example, models such as: Sony Xperia Z series, Galaxy S5, Moto Defy, etc. Once our repair technicians inspect, open, or repair or service your device, the seals which make the device “water-resistant” will be rendered ineﬀective. Once your “water-resistant” device has been repaired by us, we do not guarantee that it will be either water proof or water-resistant. Should you the customer expose your device to water or other liquid after Happytel has repaired the product Happytel is not liable for any damage sustained to the product arising from the exposure to liquid.
- Happytel may provide an estimate on when a replacement product or shipping box to facilitate service will be shipped to you. Once your order has been prepared for shipment or has shipped, Happytel is unable to change the shipping address. Please note that for deliveries that require a signature, if you are willing to assume the risks of your order being delivered without anyone at the delivery address, you may authorize Happytel to arrange for a delivery without the need for a signature.
- Customer’s Responsibility. You must follow shipping and packing instructions provided by Happytel. You will be responsible for products or parts that are lost or damaged as a result of failure to follow instructions. It is your responsibility to backup all existing data, software, and programs, and to erase all existing data before receiving services. Happytel is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, programs or loss of use of equipment arising out of the services provided by Happytel. You represent that your device does not contain illegal ﬁles or data.
- Abandoned Property. Unless you provide alternative instructions, Happytel will keep your repaired or replacement device at the store you initially dropped the device in until your collection or for mail-in service orders to the mailing address you furnished when you authorized service. If your device is not picked up within 60 days or in the case of mail-in orders is returned to Happytel because delivery could not be completed at the address given, Happytel will attempt to contact you for an alternative mailing address. If you do not provide an address at which Happytel or its agent may deliver your product within sixty (60) days (see the Country Variation section, below, for any applicable exceptions) after the original delivery attempt, Happytel will consider your product to be abandoned. Happytel in the event that your product is abandoned, Happytel may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and, speciﬁcally, may sell your product at a private or public sale to pay for any outstanding service performed. Happytel reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
- Information on Service. During the service ordering process you must provide a description of the issue that is aﬀecting your product, so that Happytel understands and may deal accordingly with your product in light of the disclosed issue.
- Service Warranty. For all service orders (including Apple screen repairs and parts), Happytel warrants, to the extent permitted by law, that: (1) services performed will conform to their description for 6 months from the date of service withstanding clause 3, (2) except for batteries described in the subsection below, all parts or products used in service will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 6 months from the date of service, and (3) batteries installed as part of Happytel’s battery replacement service will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 6 months from the date of service. This warranty is an express limited warranty. If nonconforming service is provided or a defect arises in a replacement part or product during the applicable warranty period, Happytel will, to the extent permitted by applicable law at its option, either: (a) re-perform services to conform to their description, (b) repair or service or replace the part or product, using parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (c) refund the sums paid to Happytel for service. In the event that Happytel undertakes any service or repairs on your device pursuant to the warranty oﬀered in accordance with these terms and conditions the warranty period is not extended due to the subsequent service or repair and will continue to be for a period of 6 months from the initial service or repair date.
If you (the customer) misrepresent or do not adequately disclose the nature of the problem, you release HappyTel from any liability or damage arising from the misrepresentation or lack of adequate disclosure.
In the event that HappyTel damages your (the customer) product, and the device cannot be repaired, HappyTel will replace the product and HappyTel’s liability is limited to the current second -hand value of the customer’s device. HappyTel will strive to provide an identical product, however in the event that the product is unable to be sourced, a similar phone (in terms of age, manufacturer, specifications, and market value) will be provided in lieu of identical product (‘replacement device’). Before a replacement device is issued to the customer, the customer must pay the original repair quote and give possession and title of their damaged device to HappyTel.
This limited warranty is subject to those warranties which cannot be excluded pursuant to any relevant Australian Consumer Law.
This limited warranty for 6 months will be void in the following circumstances:
(i) repairs are carried out at any time to the product by another service provider after the repairs carried out by Happytel;
(ii) if the product is damaged for any reason other than due to fair wear and tear;
(iii) if there is any use of the product for purposes for which the product was not designed;
(iv) if the product is modified in any way from its standard operating processes; or
(v) there is a failure of any part of the product not due to the services or parts provided by Happytel which impact upon the parts or services provided by Happytel.
- Apple product screen repairs. For all Apple product screen repairs HappyTel gives the same warranty as provided for in clause 18, except that the warranty period is 3 years.
20.1 Typographical Errors. Happytel is not responsible for typographical errors. Happytel reserves the right to cancel any order you have placed if there was a typographical error concerning the pricing or availability of any item you ordered when you placed the order.
20.2 Change Terms. Happytel reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time.
20.3 Product/Service Changes. Happytel may make changes to any products or services oﬀered online, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The information provided online with respect to products and services may be out of date, and Happytel makes no commitment to update the information provided online with respect to such products and services.
20.4 Waivers. Happytel’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver by Happytel of any provision or any right it has to enforce these policies, nor shall any course of conduct between Happytel and you or any other party be deemed to modify any provision of these terms.
- Country Variations. In addition to the above variations, the following country speciﬁc variations apply:
Happytel. For the purposes of this Agreement, Happytel is Happytel Retail Group Pty Ltd
154-156 Adderley St Auburn NSW 2144.
21.2 New Zealand
Happytel. For the purposes of this Agreement, Happytel is Happytel NZ Limited Partnership c/o JL Partners
1A 129 Onewa Road Northcote Auckland.
Notice: After the customer has taken possession of their device after service or inspection by Happytel no warranty is provided by Happytel if the device sustains any physical damage (by way of eg crack), water damage, software or data issues. Any service or inspection undertaken as a result of damage sustained after the customer has taken possession will not be covered under existing warranty. If the frame of your device is bent (even slightly), the functionality of your repaired device is not guaranteed and will not be covered by warranty. If the screen is lifting, or is damaged due to the bent frame, no warranty will be given.